Send mail from excel - Copy/paste unformatted values and error

Brice

Hi Ron,

I wasn't sure if you would respond to my old question so I resubmitted.

Other users have tested on their computers with low-level security settings
and still not working. Can you help?

Thanks!

---------------
Hi Brice

Try to change the security first on the machine to test if it
is working then
--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Brice" <[email protected] in message
Hello, can somebody help me with exact code? I don't know how to fix these
two issues. Thanks so much, Brice

:

Hi Ron, in regards to copy/past unformatted values, I went through the
weblinks you provided and am still very confused. Is it possible you can
still help me with both requests by providing full code?

From, The Novice

:

Hi Ron,

Replacing with "C:/TestFolder" doesn't work. Macro creates workbook with
email body data and keeps workbook open. Macro also creates an email without
email body details. Please advise

Thanks

:

Hi Brice

Strange, but you can change
Environ$("temp")

To another folder

TempFile = "C:/TestFolder" & .......................

Also, I would like to copy & paste unformatted values into the email. Is
this possible? Please provide code if possible.

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/smallmessage.htm

And read the info in the tips page (link on top of the page)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Brice" <[email protected] wrote in message
The below code (which creates email from a range/selection in excel)
currently works on my computer but I would like my colleagues to use it too.
When they try on their computers they receive an script error message. The
debugger identifies "Environ$" as problem in VBA a script. How do I fix this?

Also, I would like to copy & paste unformatted values into the email. Is
this possible? Please provide code if possible.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks, Brice

Code:
Function RangetoHTML(rng As Range)

Dim fso As Object

Dim ts As Object

Dim TempFile As String

Dim TempWB As Workbook

TempFile = Environ$("temp") & "/" & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss") &
".htm"

'Copy the range and create a new workbook to past the data in

rng.Copy

Set TempWB = Workbooks.Add(1)

With TempWB.Sheets(1)

.Cells(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=8

.Cells(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, , False, False

.Cells(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , False, False

.Cells(1).Select

Application.CutCopyMode = False

On Error Resume Next

.DrawingObjects.Visible = True

.DrawingObjects.Delete

On Error GoTo 0

End With

'Publish the sheet to a htm file

With TempWB.PublishObjects.Add( _

SourceType:=xlSourceRange, _

Filename:=TempFile, _

Sheet:=TempWB.Sheets(1).Name, _

Source:=TempWB.Sheets(1).UsedRange.Address, _

HtmlType:=xlHtmlStatic)

.Publish (True)

End With

'Read all data from the htm file into RangetoHTML

Set ts = fso.GetFile(TempFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)

RangetoHTML = ts.ReadAll

ts.Close

RangetoHTML = Replace(RangetoHTML, "align=center x:publishsource=", _

"align=left x:publishsource=")

'Close TempWB

TempWB.Close savechanges:=False

'Delete the htm file we used in this function

Kill TempFile

Set ts = Nothing

Set fso = Nothing

Set TempWB = Nothing

End Function

Sub Mail_Selection_Range_Outlook_Body_Recall()

' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML in the module.

Dim rng As Range

Dim OutApp As Object

Dim OutMail As Object

Set rng = Nothing

On Error Resume Next

'You can also use a range if you want

Set rng =
Sheets("Recall").Range("$N$11:$O$20").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

On Error GoTo 0

If rng Is Nothing Then

MsgBox "The selection is not a range or the sheet is protected" & _

vbNewLine & "please correct and try again.", vbOKOnly

Exit Sub

End If

With Application

.EnableEvents = False

.ScreenUpdating = False

End With

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

OutApp.Session.Logon

Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

On Error Resume Next

With OutMail

.To = Sheets("Recall").Range("O9").Value

.CC = "(e-mail address removed)"

.BCC = ""

.Subject = "Wire Receipt"

.HTMLBody = RangetoHTML(rng)

.Display 'or use .Send as replacement to auto-send email without review

End With

On Error GoTo 0

With Application

.EnableEvents = True