send and copy message to clipboard

Taylor.Blome

I would like to create a "send and copy" button. I would appreciate
any ideas on how to add a message header to a just sent item and then
copying all to the clipboard. The resulting paste should appear as
though reply was clicked. I need to document sent emails within a
very crummy legacy program -recording sent time, sender, subject,
message body, etc. I would prefer to click a new button to send and
copy the email instead of using the original send button in Outlook.

Redemption allows you to copy message contents to the clipboard via the
SafeInspector object. You can access the Internet mail headers by calling
its named property, also made easier with Redemption:

dim utils, oItem, PrHeaders, Subject
set utils = CreateObject("Redemption.MAPIUtils")
set oItem = Outlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(6).Items(1) 'Get the first
item in the inbox, can be any other mail item
PrHeaders = &H007D001E
Subject = utils.HrGetOneProp(oItem.MAPIOBJECT, PrHeaders)
MsgBox Subject

http://www.dimastr.com

Taylor.Blome

Thanks for the reply. I think I ought to clarify that I am not after
the internet headers, but instead
"