Selecting list box causes sheet to scroll

SmileyMau

I have a listbox in an Excel sheet. Sometimes when I click in it, the
Excel sheet scrolls so that the listbox is at the top:

When cell in sheet is selected, click in listbox => Scroll occurs
When value in listbox is selected, click in listbox => Scroll does not
occur

How do I prevent scrolling from occurring in the first instance?

Thanks.

Jim Cone

Did you build the listbox or borrow it?
It sounds like you acquired some programming code along with the listbox.

However, try right-clicking the list box, select "Format Control"
and, on the Properties tab, checkmark "Don't move or size with cells".
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"SmileyMau" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a listbox in an Excel sheet. Sometimes when I click in it, the
Excel sheet scrolls so that the listbox is at the top:

When cell in sheet is selected, click in listbox => Scroll occurs
When value in listbox is selected, click in listbox => Scroll does not
occur
How do I prevent scrolling from occurring in the first instance?
Thanks.

SmileyMau

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I built the listbox by selecting the listbox tool from the VBA control
toolbox and then dragging a new one with my cursor. I checked and
there was no code associated with it.

I switched the property from "Move but don't size with cells" to "Don't
move or size with cells" but it had no effect.

The only way I know to prevent it right now is to freeze the pane right
at the top of the listbox. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Marianne