Seemingly random, inconsistent crashing computer the emits loud buzz from speakers

Reaction score
When my computer has just been turned on, or is under a heavy load, it sometimes will crash and freeze, forcing me to reset the computer. When it does so, it also emits a loud, bone jarring buzz from the speaker, leading me to believe it may be my MSI motherboard with on-board audio. I know for sure that it is not my processor or graphics card overheating; i have both temperatures monitored, and the processor is water cooled and rarely, if ever, rises over 45 degrees Celsius. I also suspect that it may be faulty Ram. I also have a suspicion that it may be the hard drive.

Ati Radeon 5850
Phenom II x4 965 BE
MSI 770-G45

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

Does any sort of error code come up on the screen when it crashes ? Have you looked in event viewer to see if there is anything logged there ?

Reaction score
Ok so i ran Prime95, and within a few minutes my comp blue screen of deathed so???
I've never had problems with the blue screen of death; its definately not my processor, so can i assume that its faulty RAM?

Reaction score
I wouldn't presume anything at the moment

A process of elimination needs to be set

You have no fans whatsoever in the case? Non on north or south bridge chipsets?
Do you have one on your GFX card?
Do you see any artifacts appear before the crash?
Have you tried checking seating of memory or even taken some out and tried with different stick in?
Checked for leak's?

Is the sound from internal speaker a constant noise or intermittent? (does it pause between beeps?)

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the help.
First off, I have two fans in my case.
My Ati Radeon 5850 has a fan that causes it to run at 45 degress or less.
No there are not any artifacts.
Yes i have reseated the memory a multitude of times.
Yes I have checked for leaks
The sound, first off, is from the external speaker; second off, it is a constant, bone jarring, blarring buzz, for lack of a better word.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
untam3d said:
Ok so i ran Prime95, and within a few minutes my comp blue screen of deathed so???
I've never had problems with the blue screen of death; its definately not my processor, so can i assume that its faulty RAM?

Well you had BSOD, so how about posting the error code. It would be very helpful. And again have you checked event viewer to see if there are any errors ? And how can you "definately" rule out your processor ? Have you tested it ?

Ask a Question