From: "John" <[email protected]>
Sender: "John" <[email protected]>
Subject: Security Accounts Manager
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:12:14 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security

Security Accounts Manager Initilization failed because of
the following error. A device attached to the system is
not funtioning error status:0xc0000001. Click ok to
shutdown and reboot in safe mode. Check event viewer for
more details. I get the same message in safe mode also.
This happened after I reinstalled the OS from scratch
with a boot disk and cd-rom. I used fdisk command.

Hi John-

Can you give us some more information about your system? What operating system and service pack level you have installed would be a great start.
Have you always had this problem? In past cases, a corrupted SAM is unrecoverable unless you have a backup.

Siddharth Sawkar
PSS Security

from your issue.