Secunia problem

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I seem to have encountered a problem with Secunia, and wonder if anyone can point my nose into the right direction to solve it please?

Just in case it's relevant - yesterday, Microsoft Security Essentials popped up to warn me about a Java threat, which MSE had "suspended." It then successfully dealt with that (or so it reported.)

I then performed a bit of maintenance, (uninstalled Real Player, which I'd originally installed only because at one time, the Beeb used to need it.) Got a couple of other software patches, so all appeared to be looking good.

But then, just to make certain, I clicked Secunia to re-scan... and that's when I began to have problems. It was "not responding" and hung for a few minutes. Then it appeared to scan, but didn't get anywhere, so I uninstalled it and re-installed again, (after running CCleaner) to see if that would solve anything.... it hasn't.

After running a scan, I see the reports which are in the piccies below. Yesterday, the score was 98% (pre-patches, btw.

So does anyone have any ideas please? (I did check over on the Secunia website, but couldn't find the same "error" so over to you, if you can help please guys?)

Thank you for looking. :D

Attachments

• Secunia scan result.JPG
    Secunia scan result.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Secunia error msg.JPG
    Secunia error msg.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 170

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the linky Mucks. :thumb:

I've just taken a look around there and it looks as if this is a known problem, which has been reported by others. Doesn't look as if they have found the solution quite yet, although the poster has managed to reproduce the problem on Win XP, and Win 7 (he is about to try it on Vista.) HERE and HERE.

Thanks again :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Having just read the thread I checked my Secunia programme and I find I have exactly the same as you, TC.

Is this just a problem with the Secunia site?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Having just read the thread I checked my Secunia programme and I find I have exactly the same as you, TC.

Is this just a problem with the Secunia site?

I get the feeling that it's a glitch in the programme itself... because the problem is being reported by a few folk. Hopefully, Secunia's techs will be onto it and it will be resolved soon. :nod:

Ask a Question