search prefix in TweakUI for Windows XP no longer works

Xplorer

I don't know what happened but the Search Prefix feature of TweakUI, under
the Internet Explorer submenu no longer works. I configured the prefix "g"
to start google whenever I would type "g <search string>" at the address
box. It used to work perfectly. Now I get cannot find server error messages.
Before i started getting these error messages, i've been redirected to
yoogle.com, instead of google.com.

This is my configuration for the "g" search prefix :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&num=100&q=%s
Has anything in google.com changed?

Thanks in advance!

Frankie

Kelly

Hi Frankie,

Check your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl\g\
itemtype = "REG_SZ"
"http://www.google.com/search?q=%s"

My scripts:

addressgoogle.vbs - To use, type in: g followed by a space then the search
term.

kbgoogle.vbs - To use type, in: gk followed by a space then Q and then
number.

searchgkb.reg - To use type, in: gkb followed by a space then enter the
search term.

searchgtn.reg - To use type, in: gtn followed by a space then enter the
search term.

Search Google Address Bar , Q#'s , MS-KB , TechNet (Line 65)

/xp_tweaks.htm

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Xplorer

It still doesn't work. I get the same error messages "the page cannot be
displayed" "cannot find server" or "DNS error"

I also discovered I cannot start sfc /scannow, even if i'm logged in as
administrator.

Xplorer

It still doesn't work. I get the same error messages "the page cannot be
displayed" "cannot find server" or "DNS error"

I also discovered I cannot start sfc /scannow, even if i'm logged in as
administrator.

GSV Three Minds in a Can

from the wonderful said:
It still doesn't work. I get the same error messages "the page cannot be
displayed" "cannot find server" or "DNS error"

I also discovered I cannot start sfc /scannow, even if i'm logged in as
administrator.

Call me paranoid, but at that point I'd want to run a full virus scan,
and also run 'spybot search & destroy', or ad-aware, or both.

Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
It might be that some malware hijacked the google.com in your machine to yoogle.com. The simplest I can think of is a new line in your Hosts file. Browse with Google for more info on the Hosts file.

Xplorer said:
It still doesn't work. I get the same error messages "the page cannot be
displayed" "cannot find server" or "DNS error"

I also discovered I cannot start sfc /scannow, even if i'm logged in as
administrator.

news:[email protected]...