Search Customization II

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need help solving this issue. We have a raid that stores files in multiple folders for clients,
Once the files got processed they were put into a subfolder with the same name and type. Each folder contains the same folder structure so

Mainfolder(never changes) / Client Folder (changes) / Sub folder 1(never changes)/ Subfolder 2(changes)/subfolder3(never changes)/ sub folder 4 (never changes)

The files that need to be wiped from the raid are in sub folder 3, and sub folder 4 and its contents need to remain intact. Is there a way to search the main directory, have the search search to the specified level and only there accross all of our client folders, and leave sub folder 4 alone(not include that level). I know I can search each folder individually, but in each client folder - there can be multiple sub folder 2's. So we have almost a thousand clients, each having on average 5 sub folder 2's to go through and wipe - 5000 folders that I need to remove the files from, while retaining the files in the subfolder below that and searching each folder one by one is just way too daunting and time consuming.

Thank you

Reaction score
So in essence I would like to search like this:
*/subfolder1/*/subfolder3/
But xp sp3 search does not allow for directory wildcards

Ask a Question