Search Component

G

I'm a rank newcomer to web design. I've just put up a site (www.ngatipaoa.iwi.nz) using FrontPage and I have a problem using the web search component. The site has been built using frames. When I run a search for a common item, the programme comes up with a long list of hits. However, some of these are meaningless - for example, one result might simply be a side frame with only buttons in it. Is there any way I can configure the search utility to only search certain kinds of pages - specifically whole frames pages? Can I then configure it so that when I click on a search result it opens in a new parent frame?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Place the pages you do not want searched into a folder with a name beginning with a underscore. Do
not use the _private folder.

Also under Tools | Web Setting | Advanced, enable view of hidden folders so that you can see the
folder(s) you create beginning with a underscore.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Dave said:
I'm a rank newcomer to web design. I've just put up a site (www.ngatipaoa.iwi.nz) using FrontPage
and I have a problem using the web search component. The site has been built using frames. When I
run a search for a common item, the programme comes up with a long list of hits. However, some of
these are meaningless - for example, one result might simply be a side frame with only buttons in
it. Is there any way I can configure the search utility to only search certain kinds of pages -
specifically whole frames pages? Can I then configure it so that when I click on a search result it
opens in a new parent frame?

G

Many thanks for your kind reply
Is there a way to have search results appear in a [new] parent frame instead of the search frame?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Not when using the FP Search component.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Ask a Question