Seagate vs Hitachi 320G sataII

Reaction score
HITACHI HDT725032VLA360 T7K500 320GB
or
SEAGATE ST3320620AS 320GB
both sataII

I really can't deside between them
I heard the seagate makes noise and clicks and
has a heat problem. But it has 5 years warrenty.
So which one is better?

thanks in advance.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I favour Samsung, they're quiet and so far I haven't had any die on me (touch wood).

I haven't bought a Seagate in about 8 years so I don't know what latest generation are like.

I do have two Hitachi SATA II 250Gb disks that so far have been good, nice and quiet too. I bought them mostly just to see what they're like. I think they're rather good :)

I must have had at least six Western Digital hard disks die on me in as many years and apart from their Raptors I will never touch them again.

But as I've often said, I don't think it's so much the brand as the batch, it's a luck thing so I guess the only thing to guide your buying is get a major name, consider quietness and cache and look at prices.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hitachi

Have had my 250GB over 3 years now and no problems with it and its quiet..:thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Western Digital for me.

dont know about your choices, but ive had a Seagate drive - didnt have any clicking noises while it worked.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have that very Seagate drive and it is silent and works just fine .

happywave.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
And there you have it - everyone giving a different recommendation according to their experiences :D

The moral here is that there isn't really a best make as such, they can all fail or not as the case may be - just pick a major brand and you won't go far wrong.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But as I've often said, I don't think it's so much the brand as the batch, it's a luck thing so I guess the only thing to guide your buying is get a major name, consider quietness and cache and look at prices.

As I also said :)

Ask a Question