-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Spivey [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: 7. september 2004 19:01
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Scrolling News Ticker
Subject: Re: Scrolling News Ticker

Hi,

I've got a behavior that can do this (free) Sample Page
http://www.roksteady.net/scroll/examples/news/index.html
Behavior
http://www.roksteady.net/scroll/index.html

--
Cheers,
Jon

John Morley said:
Hi,

I'd like to add a "Scrolling News Ticker" to my FrontPage web. What I
have in mind is a box area in which text will scroll vertically. Is
there a way FrontPage can do this directly, or a component I can add
to do it?

Thanks,

John

Jon Spivey

Re: Scrolling News TickerI wondered about that - the way I have it seems logical to me. But several people have said the same as you, that they're the wrong way around - what the heck do I know :)

--
Cheers,
Jon

Nice scroller Jon. However your swap images are switched around. It is the "depressed" image you can click on to change. Normally, that would be the other way around.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

John Morley said:
Hi,

I'd like to add a "Scrolling News Ticker" to my FrontPage web. What I
have in mind is a box area in which text will scroll vertically. Is
there a way FrontPage can do this directly, or a component I can add
to do it?

Thanks,

John

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Look at it like an old tapedeck. If you have pushed the play button it
will stay depressed until you press another button.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

_____

John Morley said:
Hi,

I'd like to add a "Scrolling News Ticker" to my FrontPage web. What I
have in mind is a box area in which text will scroll vertically. Is
there a way FrontPage can do this directly, or a component I can add
to do it?

Thanks,

John

clintonG

Re: Scrolling News TickerVery good analogy Jens as that behavior is exactly what most
people have been trained to expect from a user interface.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development