Scrollbar = image

Reaction score
Ok here's the thing..Probably not a big thing as things go, but i'm getting kinda confused and lost at the same time...I'm putting together a site for a mate..He wants the scrollbar to contain the same image as the background of the page...I know I can change the colors of the scrollbar using CSS, but is it possible to uuse Javascript to add the image to the scroll bar..? Image is in .gif form....

Edit: I've only been using Javascript for about a year and a half so still learning..Please be gentle...

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not possible to add an image to the scrollbar as far as I'm aware - but you can force the page to have no scrollbar and then create a new one using JS which has the same functions:

http://www.hesido.com/web.php?page=customscrollbar

I would avoid it personally as it will cause headaches down the line when something changes in a new browser (I've learnt this lesson myself the hard way), so it's worth keeping in mind that it might need changing in future. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Ian...lol your answer gets me out of something I thouught might not work or could be problimatic down the line...The less JS I use the happier I am...:)

Ask a Question