Screen Saver problem

Vickie

I recently put a personal photograph in for my wallpaper
and it looks great. But since then, I cannot get the
screen saver to work at all. When I go into Display and
try to preview any screen savers I get a run32dll error
message and I can't do anything with the screen savers.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please check the following KB Article for Rundll32 errors.

Errors RUNDLL32... in module KRNL386.EXE
=======================================
You Receive Error Messages When You Click Dial Properties
Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.exe at
0003:<memory address >.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191152 (W95 7/28/2001)

Cannot Open Network Tool in Control Panel
Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in Krnl386.exe.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192323 (W95/98/ME 2/18/2002)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module KERNEL32.DLL
NETMETER Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module...
RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at address
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186399 (W98/ME 2/18/2002)

Problems After You Install Hewlett-Packard HP JetAdmin Service
RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8abea
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190628 (W98/se 2/18/2002)

You Receive Error Messages When You Click Dial Properties
Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module Kernel32.dll at
0137:<memory address >
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191152 (W95 7/28/2001)

Invalid Page Fault Error Message When Updating Device Driver
Rundll32 caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196052 (W98 2/18/2002)

General Protection Fault or Invalid Page Fault During Setup
RUNDLL32 caused an [ IPF ] in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff9dba7.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209321 (W98 10/16/2002)

"RUNDLL32.EXE - Entry Point Not Found" Error Message When You Start Your
Computer
RUNDLL32.EXE - Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point
ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library
KERNEL32.dll.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330159 (XP 10/22/2002)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module MACXW4.DRV
=======================================
EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module MACXW4.DRV
Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module Macxw4.drv
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242512 (W98/se/ME 2/18/2002)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module MMSYSTEM.DLL
Error Messages in Mmsystem.dll or Rundll32
Random [ GPF ] error messages in Mmsystem.dll OR:
Rundll32 - This program has caused an illegal operation and will be shut
down.
RUNDLL32 caused a General Protection Fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=138835 (W95/98/ME 2/18/2002)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module NEWDOTNET...
Iexplore Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Unknown with SaveNow or
New.net Installed
Rundll32 has caused an error in newdotnet3_20.dll. Rundll will now close.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302463 (i. e. 5. W98/se/ME 9/15/2003)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module USER.EXE / USER32.DLL
General Protection Fault Viewing Dial-Up Adapter Properties
RUNDLL32 caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=208093 (W98/se 2/18/2002)

"Exception 03h in Module..." Error Message Starting Windows ME
Rundll32 caused an exception 03h in module user32.dll.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275003 (ME 8/6/2002)

Error Message When You Attempt to Install AOL
Rundll32 caused a GPF in module user.exe at 0010:00001276
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302832 (W98 8/27/2002)

Error Messages When You Quit the Sounds and Multimedia Tool in Control Panel
RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in module USER32.DLL at 0177:bff49be.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307908 (ME 10/16/2002)

Errors RUNDLL32... in module UNKNOWN
====================================
Iexplore Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Unknown with SaveNow or
New.net Installed
Rundll32 caused an invalid page fault in module Unknown at 0000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302463 (i. e. 5, W98/se/ME 9/15/2003)

All other types of RUNDLL32 errors listed by the article number
Error Messages in Mmsystem.dll or Rundll32
Random [ GPF ] error messages in Mmsystem.dll OR:
Rundll32 - This program has caused an illegal operation and will be shut
down.
RUNDLL32 caused a General Protection Fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=138835 (W95/98/ME 2/18/2002)

INFO: Windows Rundll and Rundll32 Interface
The Rundll and Rundll32 utility programs were originally designed only for
internal use at Microsoft. But the functionality provided by them is
sufficiently generic that they are now available for general use.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=164787 (W95/98/ME/NT/W2000/XP 5/12/2003)

If the above doesn't help or you are not sure how to go about the
procedure. Please copy the error message and post it back and I will help
you further to resolve your issue.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--From: "Vickie" <[email protected]>
--Subject: Screen Saver problem
--Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:10:59 -0700