Screen Resolution - Why does it never Work

M

Martin Spence

Folks,

I am driving myself crazy (not a long distance drive). It would seem that no matter what I do my screen resolution is never set to what I want it to be! I have tried all the stuff cited in this newsgroup such as setting in TD, etc. I want 1024x768 and I get 1280x1024! Is there a brute force and ignorance approach to setting this? Can I do a runonce command of some type that will set the display resolution?

Yes I have the right drivers installed and can change the resolution in control panel - but I want to use a custom shell with just the minimal components and not require a manual resolution change.

I see this as a recurring issue in the newsgroups without a real solution?

S

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

What about registry keys?

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
Folks,

I am driving myself crazy (not a long distance drive). It would seem that no matter what I do my screen resolution is never set to what I want it to be! I have tried all the stuff cited in this newsgroup such as setting in TD, etc. I want 1024x768 and I get 1280x1024! Is there a brute force and ignorance approach to setting this? Can I do a runonce command of some type that will set the display resolution?

Yes I have the right drivers installed and can change the resolution in control panel - but I want to use a custom shell with just the minimal components and not require a manual resolution change.

M

Martin Spence

Tried that - several different avenues - in the extra files/registry section for the .slx and in the component itself.

I did find something that worked today - I added the cmiScreenResolution 1024,768 in the advanced section of my custom shell. The system initially boots in high res and then when the shell gets loaded it comes back to 1024x768. I guess I'll call it a victory and move on?

--
MARTIN SPENCE

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
Folks,

M

Martin Spence

Never mind - it did not work - I just noticed that it is still at 1280x1024 grrrr

--
MARTIN SPENCE

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
Folks,

S

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

The CMI trick would have been my next suggestion. I take it there is no programitacle solution to setting the resolution? VBScript?

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
Never mind - it did not work - I just noticed that it is still at 1280x1024 grrrr

--
MARTIN SPENCE

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
Folks,

J

JS

Try setting it programmatically with:

DEVMODE dm;
dm.dmSize = sizeof(DEVMODE);
EnumDisplaySettings(0, ENUM_CURRENT_SETTINGS, &dm);

dm.dmPelsWidth = 1024;
dm.dmPelsHeight = 768;

ChangeDisplaySettings(&dm, CDS_UPDATEREGISTRY | CDS_GLOBAL);

J

John Mueske

Hi,

I would like to try setting the resolution programatically like JS
mentioned. How do I get the code below into my XPe image?

Thanks,
John

Ask a Question