Windows XP Screen blacks out after logon for a split second

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I've noticed that just today, I have a small BUT STILL VERY ANNOYING problem. This is still on my old parts.
At startup, when all the programs are loaded, the screen blacks out for 0.25 seconds - 2 seconds. I think one of the programs are causing this. I think it's Catalyst Control Center. If I disable this, it doesn't happen. It's never done this and I need CCC for ATI Overdrive overclocking system. Is there a fix or workaround without disabling CCC?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
if you disable it and it works, there is your problem. check the install of the program. R&R it first. see what happens. That usually fixes problems.

-Surfer

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CCC just does that, as it's altering how your display is used. I don't think you can get round this if you still want to use overdrive.

Every ATI card I've used in the last few years with CCC has done the same thing, it never really bothered me though.

Reaction score
Hey Captain Jack...
I have the same problem on a laptop..I have been searching for a fix for months, but still not come up with one..The only thing I came up with was uninstalling the ATI CCC, but in your case this isn't an option...

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
CCC just does that, as it's altering how your display is used. I don't think you can get round this if you still want to use overdrive.

Every ATI card I've used in the last few years with CCC has done the same thing, it never really bothered me though.
But how come it's never done this until today? Unistalling and reinstalling didn't help. Will clean the registry.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Ok after cleaning registry it has suddenly stopped. But it still has left a mark. Instead of a full screen blackout, an entire, but thin black line flashes through the screen for a split second after CCC is stated. This won't really bother me, but still is there any way to stop it?

Ask a Question