Scheduled Tasks

G

Hi

I have been having problems with scheduled tasks for a few weeks now - when I try to set a new scheduled task I get the following error message...

"The new task has been created but may not run because the account information could not be set. The specific error is: 0x000003a: (Unable to find error message).

.....and the task does not run

The task looks as if it's OK, but then when I look at the properties for the task, the information in the 'Task Tab' does not allow me to modify the different fields, as in it won't let me click in any of the boxes

If anyone could shed some light on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

J

jerryz

one thing for schedualled tasks is that if you have a
password on your admin account ,you need to set it in for
the auto updates etc.for the task.which user runs the task.

-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I have been having problems with scheduled tasks for a few
weeks now - when I try to set a new scheduled task I get
the following error message....
"The new task has been created but may not run because the
account information could not be set. The specific error
is: 0x000003a: (Unable to find error message)."
.....and the task does not run.

The task looks as if it's OK, but then when I look at the
properties for the task, the information in the 'Task Tab'
does not allow me to modify the different fields, as in it
won't let me click in any of the boxes.

G

Also, the SchedLgU.txt contains nothing but entries similar to the following..

"Symantec NetDetect.job" (NDETECT.EXE) 12/03/2004 09:44:43 ** ERROR ** The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task. The specific error is: 0xc000003a: (Unable to find an error message)

I have tried scheduling tasks under different users names, creating new users, deleting users and even using the administrator account. I have tried scheduling tasks both with and without passwords, re-naming the computer and user names, everything. Some software I use has built in scheduling software and they run as normal, but software that references the Task Scheduler never run - I remember having a similar problem using Windows Me and I never found a solution to that, however it did sort itself out after a period of time.

Ask a Question