Scatterplot chart legend

When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the chart legend only
shows the series names without the corresponding data point color. As is,
the legend is not helpful. How do you add the color of the series to the
legend?

James Silverton

Hello, ShaneDevenshire!
You wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:29:12 -0800:

S> What version of Excel are you using? I've tried it and
S> can't duplicate your problem.
S> --
S> Thanks,
S> Shane Devenshire

S> "changc" wrote:

??>> When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the
??>> chart legend only shows the series names without the
??>> corresponding data point color. As is, the legend is not
??>> helpful. How do you add the color of the series to the
??>> legend?

From Office 2002 on, the legend box shows how each graph is
depicted both color and type (continuous, dotted etc.)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Jon Peltier

Man, you have to get rid of the beta. The charting stuff was broken even
through the last beta of them all.

- Jon