it never has yet. The software and hardware has been
uninstalled and installed a number of times, but no
matter, the end result is the scanner will NOT work. Any
suggestions??

C

Cari MS-MVP

Provided you know the USB ports on your PC are working correctly, personally
I'd return the scanner and get a different one. It's new... HP should
support it... it's under their guarantee.

Cari
www.coribright.com

G

I am having the exact problem with a scanjet 4670 - it will install flawlessly under windows 2000 but XP installs it as an unknown USB device. If I manually install it and point at the correct inf file it says there is nothing there - a blank product selection that is digitally signed. I believe HP has a bad INF file as nothing gets installed under twain32 for example after doing a full install. I am doing the email thing with HP and so far they have not impressed me with their knowledge or lack of their own products. They are bumping my problem up and have stated they will call me. In three days I am returning it if unresolved and going back to an Epson scanner

Mauric

G

My 4670 problem will be resolved by HP

HP has USB 2.0 timing issues and if affects certain chipsets, one of them being Intels USB Host Controller 82801EB. They are sending me a USB 2.0 powered hub to resolve this issue (i.e. reclock the signal)

Maurice

Ask a Question