scandisk executes on every startup

G

Hi All

Having a problem with Xp when I restart my PC and scandisk runs on the D drive automatically
It doesn't run on the C drive and the machine has been shut down correctly

I have checked the fixes given in message: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...pport&mid=01e309c2-3a0f-43c7-b198-44c45a056c4

The only departure from the registry entries are that there is no "SFCScan" entry but a "SFCDisable" with the key REG_Dword and a value of 0x00000000(0
an
"SFCQuota" with the key REG_Dword and the value 0xffffffff(4294967295
These are within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogo

I have queried drive D using fsutil and it returns a dirty result

I hope that this makes sense to someone out there

This, as far as I know, isn't harmful to the installation but is extremely annoying.

Regard

Ton

D

dev

/brownman/ said:
Hi All,

Having a problem with Xp when I restart my PC and scandisk runs on the D drive automatically.
It doesn't run on the C drive and the machine has been shut down correctly.

I have checked the fixes given in message: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...port&mid=01e309c2-3a0f-43c7-b198-44c45a056c42

The only departure from the registry entries are that there is no "SFCScan" entry but a "SFCDisable" with the key REG_Dword and a value of 0x00000000(0)
and
"SFCQuota" with the key REG_Dword and the value 0xffffffff(4294967295)
These are within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

I have queried drive D using fsutil and it returns a dirty result.

I hope that this makes sense to someone out there.

This, as far as I know, isn't harmful to the installation but is extremely annoying.

There is no Scandisk in XP. Chkdsk is the utility. There may be more for
you at Kelly's site, below. Click on "C" and scroll down to...
"Check Disk - Disk Checking Runs Upon Boot"

Ask a Question