Scam Warning

Reaction score
Scam warning?

Circulating the UK and no doubt else-ware,

A letter confirming that I had won the Spanish lottery, funny I thought I don’t do that one, it goes on to say > Please fill the bank details where you want the 615,810,00 Euro to be deposited Fax to,

Fax No etc etc to Loteria primitiva, Romano No 19 Planta, 5 28011 Madrid Spain.

Reaction score
Don't lie i'm the winner of that lottery:p
That email told me i had won, not you!

Reaction score
feckit said:
Don't lie i'm the winner of that lottery:p
That email told me i had won, not you!

It was not an Email, it was a Letter.... [read the post]:p

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
my friend got one of these a couple of weeks back, looked pretty legit apart from the poor grammar and wording and the fact the jackpot was given in USD instead of Euro's
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
my friend got one of these a couple of weeks back, looked pretty legit apart from the poor grammar and wording and the fact the jackpot was given in USD instead of Euro's
laughingsmiley.gif

No doubt someone will or has fallen for it:nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of them for years, but they used to be pretty regular visitors to the letterbox about 5+/- years ago.
Hadn't even noticed that they weren't arriving anymore 'till you mentioned it itsme.
(that did make sense... honest :nod: )
Maybe someones' email scams aren't working too well & they thought they'd go retro?
in this age of abounding email scams those bits of paper are more likely to be taken seriously than the digital version.

Reaction score
itsme said:
It was not an Email, it was a Letter.... [read the post]:p
So you want to keep the mony all to yourself then, be like that:p
My email said that a rich king had died:( and if i could help out Prince Winston the 3rd i would get $750,000 USD:D just for helping him with some money transactions. I told then to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Oscar Foxtrot foxtrot;)

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Maybe someones' email scams aren't working too well & they thought they'd go retro?
in this age of abounding email scams those bits of paper are more likely to be taken seriously than the digital version.

Yep very true. As a gambler I know the score and the odds of winning, So how the hell can I win it if I ain`t in it.:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, memories :)

Anyone remember them letters that told you you'd definitely been awarded a cash prize?

Never done it myself but me mate did. He phoned them up and had to go to some office up Tottenham Court Road to collect his prize.

Half an hour after he arrived he had determined there was no cash prize and they were trying to sell him a time share.

Whereupon he knocked out the salesman and left :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Anyone remember them letters that told you you'd definitely been awarded a cash prize?

Never done it myself but me mate did. He phoned them up and had to go to some office up Tottenham Court Road to collect his prize.

Half an hour after he arrived he had determined there was no cash prize and they were trying to sell him a time share.

:lol:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Thats the problem with these Letters, you never get to meet the scammer face to face. Ho>If only I could!!! sparks would be flying> tweety birds singing and the barstuards on their backs. Good on your mate:thumb:

Ask a Question