Save New Record that is not dirty

rbeach

I have a form that opens with information already in filled into all of the
text boxes. The information is either from another form or defaulted into the
text boxes.

Example: The "AcctNum" is from the "NewAcct" Form. The "ReqDate" is default
"Date()". The "Status" Field is defaulted as "UnderReview".

This information only needs to be reviewed and then the form closed. With
this in mind all textboxes are locked.

When the form is closed, I want a new record saved in the table that the
form references which would be "AccountStatus".

Problem: If the date is entered manually I can create the record. With all
the textboxes locked I cannot do this. (The record is never concidered
dirty). I have tried the "On Close" acCmdSaveRecord but it does not create
the record in the table. I do not recieve any errors, but the record does not
exist.

Dirk Goldgar

rbeach said:
[...]

Answered in another newsgroup, where you also posted this question
independently. That's called "multiposting", and it's generally frowned on
because others don't know what answers have already been given, and so they
duplicate the effort. Also it's harder for you to keep track of the various
replies, and it's harder for later readers of the question, who may be
looking for the same answer, to learn what they need.

In most cases a single, well-chosen newsgroup will do. If your question
really is relevant to more than one newsgroup, the approved technique is to
"crosspost" it instead, by listing multiple newsgroups in the To: or
Newsgroups: line of a single message. If you do that, the message and any
replies will appear in all the listed newsgroups automatically, which is
beneficial to all concerned.

rbeach

Dirk,

I apologize, when I first posted I thought I was in the programming section
and when I went back to look for the post I could not find it so I posted
again. I did not realize it was in the general questions.