Save as not working

RANDY IN NC

Please I really need some help... Yesterday I made a post but I must not
have explained the problem well enough.. no response.. let me try
again.

The code follows..(yesterdays did not include the beginning)

When I first get turn on my computer in the morning the following code
will fail at "save as".... If i create a manual dummy excel file and
manually save it to the ftp sight... that save will work... then I can
fine....

I am running windows 2000 it had been run on a machine that is running
xp with the same result.. and one machine with xp that it worked fine
on..
(It was written using excel 2000)

I need any suggestion I can get... there is something here that I do
not understand...

ub SUBMIT()
'
' SUBMIT Macro
' Macro recorded 12/27/2005 by Randy
'

'
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("system order").Select
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
Range("A1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Sheets(Array("Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
Dim sStr As String
sStr = "ftp://(this has the ftp address signon and passwork/"
sStr = sStr & _
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1) _
..Range("a2").Text
sStr = sStr & "_"
sStr = sStr & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yy_hh-mm")
sStr = sStr & ".csv"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _
Filename:=sStr, FileFormat:=xlCSV
ActiveWorkbook.Close
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Steve

Hi Randy

Never saved to ftp:// before, but I thought I would be polite and reply

Are you sure there is something in A2

You seem to be missing a point (period if your in NC I suppose) in front of
the Range("A2").Text line

All the best

"RANDY IN NC" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

RANDY IN NC

Thank you for your reply I do appriciate it... And yes there is
something in "a2" and I guess it does not show up well in the copy I
made for this post... but there is a point (period) preceeding the word
"range" in that line.

Thank you so much, any help is appriciated..