Samsung announces the brightest high end compact camera

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Dubbed as a "smart camera" boasting an f1.4 lens with zoom capability of 24-80mm, Full HD video recording, 12MP sensor, full manual control, magnesium alloy body, 3 in AMOLED articulating screen and built-in wifi.

Here is the new offering in high end compact for your scrutiny.

The Samsung EX2F

EX2F.jpg

EX2F_top.jpg

EX2F_back.jpg

Check it out
here

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, and a nice price tag as well if it sells for what they say $549.00 ( £350.21 )

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, and a nice price tag as well if it sells for what they say $549.00 ( £350.21 )

The price in UK will be more like £430ish rather than what you quoted.

I am assuming you did an exchange rate conversion, it does not work that way, prices in US are always invariably cheaper for same camera selling on both sides of the pond.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It looks great! I sure wish it had the £350 price tag instead of the £430 one though...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It looks great! I sure wish it had the £350 price tag instead of the £430 one though...

Sounds like you need a business trip to the states then. As the trip would be tax deductible you could spend the money saved on the Samsung EX2F. Which you would use to take pictures of the trip, for business purposes naturally. :dance:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... as seen on yet another "review" site;
"Expect to see this premium compact in stores sometime around August for around the £350 mark."

Every camera review site & their mother has this thing on review. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mayhap a contender for replacement for my Canon G9.

But would I have faith in a Samsung lens? The spec may be par excellence but what of the image quality?

I'm still really fond of my Canon G9 but of course always looking to something better.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
But would I have faith in a Samsung lens?

I would think exactly like you do, but, this camera does not sport a samsung lens, it's the well respected Schnider on this camera. Therefore, it would be safe to assume the quality would be excellent. We just have to wait and see the real world samples.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That looks like a good camera indeed. I've been looking for something to replace my old Panasonic TZ10.

Was looking at the Olympus SZ-31MR But this looks to be worth a shout depending on the price...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
That looks like a good camera indeed. I've been looking for something to replace my old Panasonic TZ10.

Was looking at the Olympus SZ-31MR But this looks to be worth a shout depending on the price...

There is no comparison between the two cameras as one is a travel zoom and the other is a high end compact. It entirely depends on the type of photography you do. Samsung can do what Olympus cannot and Olympus will do what Samsung cannot. If you list your priorities you will be able to make a better decision.

To be very honest some may prefer to buy both to cover every conceivable photographic opportunity as they would compliment each other well. One camera would pick up where the other left off so to say.

Ask a Question