Sample Login page

Where can I get a sample login page with all functionalities (such as
checking the password in the database, create cookies, check security and so
forth).

Code in C# would be fine. It it is already available, I don't have to
rebuild it from scratch.

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi rkbnair,

For ASP.NET 2.0, a typical login page can be constructed through some login
controls. If you want to sample pages, you can download those starter kits
which should have login pages(as most of them use forms authentication):

#Starter Kits and Community Projects
http://www.asp.net/community/projects/

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

I created the login page with the help of the link provided.

However, I could not see any code behind it so that I can customize it.

How can I change the default database ASPNETDB.MDF?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Rkbnair,

For the question "How can I change the default database ASPNETDB.MDF", do
you mean you want to use your own membership database? If so, you can use
the <membership> setting in web.config file to custoimze the membership
providers you use.

============
<system.web>
... authentication & authorization settings ...

<membership defaultProvider="CustomizedProvider">
<providers>
<add name="CustomizedProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="MyDB"
applicationName="ScottsProject"
minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" />
</providers>
</membership>
</system.web>

I suggest you have a look at the following reference which can provide you
detailed info on how to configure and use membership & role service:

#ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Membership and Roles Tutorials
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/06/19/ASP.NET-2.0-Security_2C00_
-Membership-and-Roles-Tutorials.aspx

#Examining ASP.NET 2.0's Membership, Roles, and Profile - Part 1

From: =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Sample Login page
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:13:05 -0800