Samoa Air says charging passengers by weight is 'concept of the future'

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/02/samoa-air-pay-what-you-weigh

There airlines have had to do something..

Samoa appears regularly in lists of the top 10 fattest countries with more than 80% of the population aged 15 and over overweight.Among the airline's other destinations, American Samoa, the Cook Islands, Tonga and Niue also feature in lists of the top 10 countries by percentage of overweight people.

Bet it won't be long before this country and others follow suit, I'll always remember one flight where I had a woman passenger spilling over into my seat, it was most uncomfortable for me as I couldn't relax at all or even eat my meal properly, she should have had 2 seats really..:(

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm all for it. You pay extra if your baggage is over the weight limit so why not more if the passenger is over a certain weight.

Everything that is carried needs fuel to carry it. And, as CL says, if you're twice my weight you should pay for two seats. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'm all for it. You pay extra if your baggage is over the weight limit so why not more if the passenger is over a certain weight.

And it might just give over weight people going on holiday the insentive to lose weight :)