Same shortcut key for different functions in FIND dialogue box!

Uriel

I've been amazed to find how many ways Word 2003 is worse than Word 2000.
Here's yet another way: The Edit/Find dialogue box assigns the shortcut key
Alt+t to two different functions. So when you intend to do one, you
inadvertently do the other.

How does this kind of thing ever get past Quality Control??

Uriel

I should mention the two functions are:

- "highlight all items"; and

- the "no formatting" commandbutton (the shortcut key is only indicated if
your search item has formatting).

Tony Jollans

I would have to second you on this one - how, indeed, does something like
that get past quality control?

I would also agree that some of the changes between 2000 and 2003 are for
the poorer but, overall, 2003 is a better product thatn 2000, IMHO, and I
think you're being a bit harsh or, at least, forming an over-hasty opinion.

Uriel

Well, I've been using 2003 for about 10 days now. I've got a whole list of
inferiorities. The only advantage I've seen is that ctrl+c,ctrl+c gives me a
clipboard history from which I can selectively paste. (I think there was a
stab at something like that in 2000 but it didn't work right.) Maybe, too,
the help system is relatively good (not sure, haven't used it lately with
2000).

It's an overall decline and I'm planning to return to 2000.

"Tony Jollans" <My Forename at My Surname dot com> wrote in message
I would have to second you on this one - how, indeed, does something like
that get past quality control?

I would also agree that some of the changes between 2000 and 2003 are for
the poorer but, overall, 2003 is a better product thatn 2000, IMHO, and I
think you're being a bit harsh or, at least, forming an over-hasty opinion.

Tony Jollans

We all have an instinctive dislike of change, but give it a chance :)

The Office clipboard existed (and worked) in 2000 but was expanded and
generally improved in XP - with one exception, it went beyond the reach of
VBA.

The Help in Office 2003 is almost universally condemned - so no joy there
either :)

If you really want them, most of the old ways of doing things still exist -
they are just hidden so ask here (or your favourite watering hole) if you're
stuck trying to find something.

Uriel

I have an instinctive like of change. And 2003's defects are independent of
my instincts.

Thanks, I think I'll come here with questions. Word mavens are kinda scarce
at most watering holes I know about.