sales tax calculation formula to produce a chart?

I am in field sales and would like to make a chart in Excel that would have a
range of dollar amounts for a 7% rate. In other words for a one cent tax,
cell A1 would have the minimum value and cell B1 would have the maximum
value. Then for a two cent tax, A2 would have the min. and B2 the max. I
would copy the formula into other cells to create a chart/table that I could
take into the field.

Jim Cone

Governmental agencies that level taxes usually have
cheat sheets available with the information you require.

If not you could try...
In B2 enter 0.01
In B3 enter 0.02
in A2 enter the formula "=(B2 +0.005)/0.07"
In A3 enter the formula "=(B3 +0.005)/0.07"
Select all four cells and fill down as far as necessary.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Carmensita"
wrote in message
I am in field sales and would like to make a chart in Excel that would have a
range of dollar amounts for a 7% rate. In other words for a one cent tax,
cell A1 would have the minimum value and cell B1 would have the maximum
value. Then for a two cent tax, A2 would have the min. and B2 the max. I
would copy the formula into other cells to create a chart/table that I could
take into the field.

First of all, thanks for the rapid reply!
Secondly, the formula needs "tweeking" I need to figure out the minimum
amount in one column and maximum amount in the next column. It is more of a
reverse formula for figuring tax amount with the exception of min. and max.
I have to cover an entire valley with numerous tax rates, hence the need to
have Excel do it for me.

Jim Cone

The minimum amounts are just 0.01 more than the maximum amounts.
You also need to review the "rules" for applying the tax.
For instance, does the tax always round up at 0.50 or does it round to
the next even number.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Carmensita"
wrote in message
First of all, thanks for the rapid reply!
Secondly, the formula needs "tweeking" I need to figure out the minimum
amount in one column and maximum amount in the next column. It is more of a
reverse formula for figuring tax amount with the exception of min. and max.
I have to cover an entire valley with numerous tax rates, hence the need to
have Excel do it for me.

Wow, thanks for the minimum answer, I didn't think about that one.
Thank you for your help and the cool website!