Safety on line

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
:confused: What on earth is WOT please Evan, sorry about my ignorance

WOT = Web of trust. YOu install it in your browser and it will flag you of any dodgy sites you may encounter. BAsed on trustworthyness, Vendor reliability, Privaacy and child safety. All on a score card, if you have WOT installed you get to score a site based on those 4 factors

Link
http://www.mywot.com/

Attachments

• web_of_trust.jpg
    web_of_trust.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 246
Reaction score
Hadn't got that far when I posted the link, got a little overexcited:eek:

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha Ha, no worries, it not bad actually, i install it on any machines i build for people, cant take it as gospel, but it serves as a good indicator. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Looks interesting Bootneck, thank you for sharing. If I'm thinking of making a purchase from an unfamiliar website I like to try and check it out as thoroughly as possible. So this is a welcome addition to the cyber-toolbox. :D

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Sometimes I see this kind of stuff and feel like I'm behind the times. But then I remember that my online strategy really hasn't failed me yet.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A decent AV with integrated web browser protection should do the same thing should it not?
yep, but hey, if you have a good "tool" that, may, or may not slowdown your web browsing experience, and can add another layer of protection against phishers, scammers & such, then why not.

You are more likely to need such a tool if you follow links from emails, especially if you have a crap spam filter.

Using a good Browser to browse the Tinternet is a good start, if you "buy-a-lot" off the said Tinternet, then go get the WoT add-on.

:user:

Ask a Question