Subject: runtime error program:C\programfiles\AOL9.0waol/exe
From: "susan" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 5/2/2004 11:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Can any body help me with the above problem which happens
when i am on AOL. when this happens i have to ok the box
to get rid & and it then throws me out.

susan
Unfortunately, you are unlikely to receive any help from this NG with AOL.
Everyone takes a holier than thou attitude toward AOLers. Any response you do
get is likely to be of the form "Get rid of that crap. That will solve the
problem" or "Get a real ISP".
Some are also compelled to give us a long , pointless dissertation on why they
would never use such a disgusting piece of s*** err...software.

So...I would suggest a couple of things.
First, make sure your RAM is not having problems. You can download a testing
program from www.memtest86.com
Second, try reinstalling AOL and see if that helps. Make sure you do so into
the same directory, so waol.exe is replaced.
Third, every once in a while the on-line help people in Calcutta actually do
provide information useful in solving a problem.

Good Luck,

John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***