rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry Adding ports

G

1a) Hi, I can add printers ok locally and remotely using printui.dll, but one has to have a port in place, i have read other threads and they use the registry, I just want to know if there is an easier way to add the ports.
My way round it is to manually use the add printer wizzard
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /il /b "Test Printer" /c\\cp1379 /f "%windir%\inf\ntprint.inf" /m "HP Laserjet 4100 Series PCL
or manually again use print server propertie
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /s /t1 /n\\cp137
then add the printer using /r with a hp hostnam
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /if /b "TP3" /c\\cp1379 /f "%windir%\inf\ntprint.inf" /r npi3d3a02 /m "HP Laserjet 4050 Series PCL"

1b) Also /W is supposed to specify flags and switches for the wizard, but i have searched the internet and cannot find them! Can TCP/IP ports be added with switches and hide the whole process from the user

2) Lastly /y set the printer as default does not seem to work remotely, does any one know how to set a default printer on a remote machine

I've tried:rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /Xs /n“HP LaserJet 4050 Recovery" attributes +defaul
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /c\\cp1379 /n "tp3" and variations all fail

Ask a Question