RUNDLL Error Loading Pop Up

Chris in Canada

Every time I log in the following error loading message
pops up - even before going on-line.

RUNDLL Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~2\Addres~1
\cnbabe.dll

I don't know what it is, I can't find it to delete it ...
and it is driving me nuts.

Can anyone help me get rid of this thing?

Chris.

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Chris,

The CNBabe.dll error is unfriendly software, possibly malware. References
I've found on the Internet point to a program called "CommonName Toolbar".

And.Doxdesk.Com::
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html

SecurityFocus:
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/5878

TechGuy
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?postid=616019

RECOMMENDATIONS <from the TechGuy web site>:

1. Check your system with the current version of the Antivirus Software of
your choice.
2. Go to Start > Run, and type in "msconfig", click OK
3. On the Startup tab look for the entries for:
CommonName, CNBABE.EXE., cnform.exe, BabeIE.dll, CNBarIE.dll....
4. If any of them are there, uncheck them, click OK, then reboot.
5. If you don't find all of them there, click Ctrl\Alt\Del and look for
them in the window that appears,
6. if you find any, highlight and End Task on them.
7. Now go to your Add\Remove programs and look for CommonName and uninstall
it.
8. If you happen to see any of those others above there delete them also.

Use AdAware, Spybot Search&Destroy, EMS Free Surfer or some other utility
to check for and remove Adware/Spyware from your system.