RPC unavailable

G

Help needed! I am trying to install a printer on my computer but I keep getting this message in my intall wizard "There was a problem installing this hardware.... An error occured during the installations of the device... the RPC server is unavailable"
How on earth do I reinstall an RPC server.. I believe that I mistakenly deleted it??? I don't have a lot of computer smarts and need someone to give me step by step instructions on how in the heck to do this. any help is appreciated.

D

dev

beaniezotzim said:
Help needed! I am trying to install a printer on my computer but I keep getting this message in my intall wizard "There was a problem installing this hardware.... An error occured during the installations of the device... the RPC server is unavailable"
How on earth do I reinstall an RPC server.. I believe that I mistakenly deleted it??? I don't have a lot of computer smarts and need someone to give me step by step instructions on how in the heck to do this. any help is appreciated.

START button|ALL PROGRAMS|ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS|SERVICES

Find the RPC (remote procedure call) items in the list. Double-click on
one, then click the small arrow to the right of the box, and choose
AUTOMATIC. Click on OK to exit. Do the same for the other RPC entry.

Ask a Question