RowUpdatingEventArgs support in CF?

Philippe Bertrand

According to Oct 2004 MSDN, all RowUpdatingEventArgs properties are
supported in the Compact Framework but when I tried to access
RowUpdatingEventArgs.StatementType I got a MissingMethodException!

The same code works fine on the desktop.

Also none of the overloaded versions of DataRow.Item are supported in the
Compact Framework. There is therefore no way to access different version of
a row under the compact framework. How would one access the original
version of a deleted row?

Thanks,
Philippe

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

Yes, it is supported, but located in System.Data.Common.Dll.

It's not the part of normal CF installation and it only installed with SQL
CE or SQLClient providers.
Install either of these to get System.Data.Common.dll and add a reference
to it into your project.

If you're talking about DataRow's indexers, all six overloads are
supported.

For example:

DataRow row;
... row[0, DataRowVersion.Original];

Or:

Dim row As DataRow
... row.item(0, DataRowVersion.Original)

You can see these overloads in VB as you type.

Best regards,

Ilya

Philippe Bertrand

It turns out that I was accidentally linking against the desktop version of
one assemblies. Its really annoying for command line builds to have to
specify /nostdlib /noconfig and then manually add all the assemblies! There
should be a /cf flag that makes sure you are getting standard libs etc for
the compact framework only.

I still would like to know if there is a way to access the original version
of a DataRow on the Compact Framework.

Thanks,
Philippe

Philippe Bertrand

Now that I'm linking against the right versions of the assemblies,
DataRow.Item is working. You should correct the MSDN docs to reflect that
all the overloads are supported under the Compact Framework.

Thanks,
Philippe

"Ilya Tumanov [MS]" said:
Yes, it is supported, but located in System.Data.Common.Dll.

It's not the part of normal CF installation and it only installed with SQL
CE or SQLClient providers.
Install either of these to get System.Data.Common.dll and add a reference
to it into your project.

If you're talking about DataRow's indexers, all six overloads are
supported.

For example:

DataRow row;
..
.. row[0, DataRowVersion.Original];

Or:

Dim row As DataRow
.. row.item(0, DataRowVersion.Original)

You can see these overloads in VB as you type.

Best regards,

Ilya

rights.