Rights to install programs via Zap

Dan

I setup a GPO to push out software via a ZAP file. But when the user logs on
the machine and goes to add/remove programs to add the program it say that
he doesnt have admin rights. I dont want to give any user admin rights to
their machine. Is there a way i can give them admin rights only to install
the software in the add/remove section so they cant install anything they
want only software that is published.

thanks

Chriss3

This depends on where the ZAP published application are about to install.
Regular users are not allowed to modify files in %ProgramFiles% folder. To
over ride this customize the ACL for %ProgramFiles% with the Policy Windows
Settings\ Security Settings\ File System.

Dan

I dont understand on how to do that. Is there any documentation that
explains the steps to take.

thanks

Abraham Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting here.

I am currently researching an answer.

Thanks & regards,

Abraham Cheng [MSFT], MCSE 2000
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Chriss3

Dan See the follow page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/614.asp?frame=true

I hope that helps, feel free to post back if not.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

Subject: Re: Rights to install programs via Zap
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:59:19 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy

I dont understand on how to do that. Is there any documentation that
explains the steps to take.

thanks

rights

Dan

I found that in the GPO but i dont understand what to do. I right click and
select add files but what do i add?

thanks for the help

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:59:19 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy

Chriss3

type %ProgramFiles% in the add field, and grant Domain Users or the group
who want to run this ZAP Application.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson