Reverse color numeric formatting?

B

Bob Newman

Excel 2010.
I would like to format a numeric cell value the opposite color of a usual way. I have a numeric cell (1 decimal point) that I would like to format a negative negative number as: (5.6) and a positive number as: 8.7 with the positive number in red and the negative number or 0.0 in black. Help please..

Thanks in advance... Bob

C

Claus Busch

Hi Bob,

Am Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:24:45 -0800 (PST) schrieb Bob Newman:
I would like to format a numeric cell value the opposite color of a usual way. I have a numeric cell (1 decimal point) that I would like to format a negative negative number as: (5.6) and a positive number as: 8.7 with the positive number in red and the negative number or 0.0 in black. Help please.

try custom number format:
[Red]0.0;(0.0)

Regards
Claus Busch

B

Bob Newman

Hi Bob,

Am Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:24:45 -0800 (PST) schrieb Bob Newman:

I would like to format a numeric cell value the opposite color of a usual way. I have a numeric cell (1 decimal point) that I would like to format a negative negative number as: (5.6) and a positive number as: 8.7 with the positive number in red and the negative number or 0.0 in black. Help please.

try custom number format:

[Red]0.0;(0.0)

Regards

Claus Busch

--

Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2

Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Thanks, that did it.

Bob

Ask a Question