    open browser window.

    Perhaps an IE add-on is corrupting the behavior, if so how do I
    troubleshoot?

    MartynB, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Buenas tardes: *MartynB* escribió:

    > When I click on a link in an Internet-aware program such as Outlook Express,
    > I want to be able to open that link in a new browser window.

    Try pressing the Shift key while clicking.

    Feliz navidad
    Roland
    --
    * * . * \/ . Fröhliche Weihnachten! *
    . /_\ . __\/__ __ /> * .

    Roland Bierlein, Dec 23, 2004

  3. MartynB

    MartynB Guest

    Sorry Roland, that doesn't work either - the link opens in a currently open
    browser window

    MartynB, Dec 23, 2004
  4. MartynB

    Alias Guest

    Change to Firefox and configure it to do what you want to do.

    Alias

    "MartynB" <> wrote

    :
    : "Roland Bierlein" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > Buenas tardes: *MartynB* escribió:
    : >
    : >> When I click on a link in an Internet-aware program such as Outlook
    : >> Express,
    : >> I want to be able to open that link in a new browser window.
    : >
    : > Try pressing the Shift key while clicking.
    : >
    : > Feliz navidad
    : > Roland
    : > --
    : > * * . * \/ . Fröhliche Weihnachten! *
    : > . /_\ . __\/__ __ /> * .
    : > * /_._\ _|__||__|__=JK___) * http://oe-faq.de/
    : > _________I______\|_____|/____/\_/\_________________________________
    :
    :

    Alias, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Buenas tardes: *MartynB* escribió:

    > Sorry Roland, that doesn't work either - the link opens in a currently open
    > browser window

    It fails me very seldom. Sorry, can't think of anything else.

    Feliz navidad
    Roland
    --
    * * . * \/ . Fröhliche Weihnachten! *
    . /_\ . __\/__ __ /> * .

    Roland Bierlein, Dec 23, 2004
  6. MartynB

    Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,
    Try disabling any pop-up blockers you have running. Yahoo companion can
    cause this. Other pop-up blockers can probably cause it. If running XP SP2,
    check Tools in the IE toolbar. If using the Google toolbar, try turning off
    the pop-up blocker.

    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    Don Varnau, Dec 23, 2004
  7. OLEXP: How to Configure OE to Open Links in E-mail Messages in a New Browser Window
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256953

    Michael Santovec, Dec 23, 2004
  8. MartynB

    MartynB Guest

    Thanks to all for your replies.

    What actually solved this was Mike's suggestion:-

    OLEXP: How to Configure OE to Open Links in E-mail Messages in a New Browser
    Window
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256953 (I followed the section for
    Windows 2000, as there was no reference to XP)

    The problem was that in the Topic Box there was "system" instead of
    "WWW_OpenURL".

    Now when clicking on a link in OE, a new browser window opens.

    Thanks again.

    MartynB, Dec 24, 2004