res://mshp.dll/index.html

I have also been hooked by this and also another http://wwauzs.outhost.info

My problem is this - loading up any other pages - no probs at all - however as soon as I look at a site for shredder etc the browser closes down. This has happened from the links posted on this newsgroup

Therefore I cannot get rid of the highjacke

What is the solution ? delete windows 98 and start again with a fresh reload

Do I need to format my drive

Please advise

Don Varnau

Find your HOSTS file (may be a hidden file- not HOSTS.SAM, not LMHOSTS)
Rename it to OLDHOSTS. That should allow you to access the anti-spyware
sites.

Or, try these links:
http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
http://207.70.190.36/downloads/CWShredder.zip
http://radiosplace.com/
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
http://66.39.115.252/cwshredder.zip

Later, you should see these site for more HOSTS file information:
Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
The Hosts File (Gorilla Design Studio): http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/

Please post back to this thread if you need more help. Some of the newest
CWS variants are very difficult to remove.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.