ReRunning Query

Hello,

I have a query set up that looks like this...

[CallDate] [RunNum] [CrewMembers]

The [CrewMembers] field has criteria of Like [Enter Crew Member]
The [CallDate] has criteria of Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter End Date]

I want to open the query in a report or form - and enter only the CallDate criteria one time - but keep rerunning the query using different criteria for the CrewMember field.

Is this going to be possible? its a pain to keep entering the same CallDate Criteria over and over again....

thanks

Ken Snell

Use a form to hold the criteria for the query. Put textboxes on the form for
each of the criteria. Put a command button on the form to run the query.

In the query, change the criteria to
Like [Forms]![FormName]![TextBoxName]

Keep the form open while you run each query.

This way, you only enter the CallDate value once.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

Scott said:
Hello,

I have a query set up that looks like this...

[CallDate] [RunNum] [CrewMembers]

The [CrewMembers] field has criteria of Like [Enter Crew Member]
The [CallDate] has criteria of Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter End Date]

I want to open the query in a report or form - and enter only the CallDate
criteria one time - but keep rerunning the query using different criteria
for the CrewMember field.
Is this going to be possible? its a pain to keep entering the same
CallDate Criteria over and over again....

M.L. Sco Scofield

Scott,

There is a database in one of my presentation files that does what Ken
suggests.

Go to my web site at www.ScoBiz.com and click the "Presentations" link on
the left.

Look for the March 2000 presentation, "Queries 103 - Parameter."

Although it is in 97 format, it converts just fine to 2000 format so you can
use it in 2000, 2002, or 2003. (You can ignore the one conversion error
message about the bad link.)

The database uses the Orders table from Northwind. You will have to either
delete the link and import the table or simply re-link (Tools / Database
Utilities) to your copy of Northwind.

Good luck.

Sco

Scott said:
Hello,

I have a query set up that looks like this...

[CallDate] [RunNum] [CrewMembers]

The [CrewMembers] field has criteria of Like [Enter Crew Member]
The [CallDate] has criteria of Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter End Date]

I want to open the query in a report or form - and enter only the CallDate
criteria one time - but keep rerunning the query using different criteria
for the CrewMember field.
Is this going to be possible? its a pain to keep entering the same
CallDate Criteria over and over again....

Ken Snell

Nice site, Sco! I haven't visited it before!

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

Scott said:
Hello,

I have a query set up that looks like this...

[CallDate] [RunNum] [CrewMembers]

The [CrewMembers] field has criteria of Like [Enter Crew Member]
The [CallDate] has criteria of Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter End Date]

I want to open the query in a report or form - and enter only the
CallDate
criteria one time - but keep rerunning the query using different criteria
for the CrewMember field.
Is this going to be possible? its a pain to keep entering the same
CallDate Criteria over and over again....

M.L. Sco Scofield

Inline...

Sco
"Ken Snell" wrote in message

Nice site, Sco!

Thanks.

I haven't visited it before!

You're kidding!?
--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

Scott said:
Hello,

I have a query set up that looks like this...

[CallDate] [RunNum] [CrewMembers]

The [CrewMembers] field has criteria of Like [Enter Crew Member]
The [CallDate] has criteria of Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter
End
Date]
I want to open the query in a report or form - and enter only the
CallDate
criteria one time - but keep rerunning the query using different criteria
for the CrewMember field.
Is this going to be possible? its a pain to keep entering the same
CallDate Criteria over and over again....

M.L. Sco Scofield

I hope that's fixed now! :)

Although I've kind'a let my presentation page fall through the cracks, I'm
getting ready to put a page of my favorite little tips like the QBF sample
up there. I don't know if anyone else will be, but I know I'm excited! :)

Sco

Ken Snell

M.L. Sco Scofield said:
I hope that's fixed now! :)
Yep.

Although I've kind'a let my presentation page fall through the cracks, I'm
getting ready to put a page of my favorite little tips like the QBF sample
up there. I don't know if anyone else will be, but I know I'm excited! :)

< g >

Gary Walter

I'm on "tooth-pulled" drugs so I *think*
this will be funny (and hope not offending)..
so with tongue-in-cheek (gauze-in-cheek?)...

Sco, your recent posts have been so polite,
it makes me sick.

What happened?

- new girlfriend/wife
- took up yoga
- went through primal therapy
- ?

Ima Ghast

M.L. Sco Scofield

Gary,

Do I know you? Can you talk to me like that???

Sorry about your dental issues. Arrrg...

Hope you got some good drugs. My dentist is always *very* good to me at
times like this.

It's been a couple of days, so I suspect you're feeling a little better now.

- new girlfriend/wife

Nope. I wish...
- took up yoga
Nope...

- went through primal therapy

Nope. But I'm sure I could use some...

That's it! LOTS of ??? How did you know? For being drugged up, you're pretty
dang good!

Sorry I'm making you sick. Still got any of your tooth drugs left?

You haven't been watching *all* of my posts. I've been on the edge a couple
of times lately.

It's only a matter of time.

And when you do see me over the edge, let me know.

With a little encouragement, I could be back to my old self really soon...

--

Sco

M.L. "Sco" Scofield, Microsoft Access MVP, MCSD, MCP, MSS, A+
Useful Metric Conversion #17 of 19: 1 billion billion picolos = 1 gigolo
Miscellaneous Access and VB "stuff" at www.ScoBiz.com

Gary Walter

Whew!! So, when you select your message
and in the top menu of Outlook Express
click on Message/Cancel Message, it
apparently does not always get cancelled.

In the global village of newsgroups, I always
thought of you as a "neighbor" (500+ miles away).
In the MVP groups, I remember your "style" as a
"topic of humor."

At the time...I truly imagined you (or one of the other MVP's)
ruining your (their) keyboard with spit coffee. I imagined
the old SNL skits with Bill Murray and Gilda Radner...
"oh you're so good, it make me sick."

But then I "imagined better" and cancelled it.....
and when it received no responses, I thought that was that.

Sco, all of your posts that I have read recently have
been positive, upbeat, useful, informative, and helpful.
Not one has made me....sick. Anyone asking a question
on these newsgroups should count themselves lucky if
they get a response from you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find a post
by Tony and make fun of his last name.

gary

Gary Walter said:
Whew!! So, when you select your message
and in the top menu of Outlook Express
click on Message/Cancel Message, it
apparently does not always get cancelled.

I hate it when that happens.
In the global village of newsgroups, I always
thought of you as a "neighbor" (500+ miles away).

Howdy neighbor! :)
In the MVP groups, I remember your "style" as a
"topic of humor."

You are a sick man.
At the time...I truly imagined you (or one of the other MVP's)
ruining your (their) keyboard with spit coffee. I imagined

Yup. I've been responcible for several runied keyboards! :)
the old SNL skits with Bill Murray and Gilda Radner...
"oh you're so good, it make me sick."

Remember the "Pepsi Syndrom" skit?
But then I "imagined better" and cancelled it.....
and when it received no responses, I thought that was that.

I'm just slooow...
Sco, all of your posts that I have read recently have
been positive, upbeat, useful, informative, and helpful.
Not one has made me....sick.

I'm sorry.
Anyone asking a question
on these newsgroups should count themselves lucky if
they get a response from you.

Aw, I'm flattered.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find a post
by Tony and make fun of his last name.

Just remember. If the Canuck's can pronounce "Roy" as "Wau," pronouncing
"Toews" as "Taves" just isn't that unusual.