Require some help!

A

augrunt

Hello Guys, I have the following task...

Code:
--------------------
Task 4

At the beginning of the term our staff is busy with enrolments. Students are given a discount if they pay the course fee in advance. The staff needs to calculate and record the course fees paid by students. To make this task easier for our staff you will need to design a template which can be re-used each term. Include appropriate headings.

The information they require is as follows:

Student Name
Course Code
Course Name
Date Course Commences
Date Paid No. of Days paid in Advance
Course Fee
Discount
Course Fee Paid

You should create and enter formulas to calculate the No. of Days paid in Advance, the Discount and the Course Fee Paid.

Use a VLOOKUP function in your template to determine the discount rate to be used for the calculation of the Discount. Your template should include a separate discount table containing the following information about the discount received:
• If students pay the course fee less than 7 days prior to the course commencing then they receive no discount.
• If students pay the course fee 7 to 13 days prior to the course commencing then they receive a discount of 5%.
• If students pay the course fee 14 to 20 days prior to the course commencing then they receive a discount of 8%.
• If students pay the course fee 21 days or more prior to the course commencing then they receive a discount of 10%.

--------------------

I was wondering how i'd go about achieving it. I haven't touched excel
since i was in year 10. Which is approximately 2 years ago. It was one
of the most boring applications i've ever used. I'm more of an Access
guy.

Can you guys help me out?

Ask a Question