requery subform combo afterupdate of main form combo


N

nycdon

i'm trying to requery a subform combo in afterupdate event of main form combo
- but it blows up Access -

My combo on Main form selects a Location. Subform combo to show applicable
Warehouses for that location.

As I normally do, to reference Subforms, I click... "Build" and cut paste
in, so my subform references are almost always no-brainers.

Here I'm not sure why blowing up access - tried it several times with entire
new form -
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

Ken Snell [MVP]

Paste the code that you're trying to use for doing the requery of the
subform's combobox control.
 
N

nycdon

Sure -

from combo afterupdate on Parent form..

[sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails].Form![warehouse].requery

thanks
 
K

Ken Snell [MVP]

Are you running this in an AfterUpdate VBA procedure? Or trying to run it in
the On After Update property of the combobox on the main form? or trying to
run it from a macro?

Is sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails the name that you see when, in the main form's
design view, you click on the top edge of the subform control, and then open
the Properties window and click on the Other tab, and look at the Name
property?

Also, when you say "blows up ACCESS", do you mean ACCESS crashes?

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


nycdon said:
Sure -

from combo afterupdate on Parent form..

[sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails].Form![warehouse].requery

thanks


Ken Snell said:
Paste the code that you're trying to use for doing the requery of the
subform's combobox control.
--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/
 
N

nycdon

Ken - thanks -

so i put in AfterUpdate VBA sub for combo on Parent form combo -

Yes, that is name of subform when clicked on outer edge (i got the reference
by using 'Build' from within parent form, then navigating to the subform's
control - it saves me lots of subform reference headaches..almost usually!)

Yes, access crashes...next time in, my form corrupted, and need to import
from backup -

Ken Snell said:
Are you running this in an AfterUpdate VBA procedure? Or trying to run it in
the On After Update property of the combobox on the main form? or trying to
run it from a macro?

Is sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails the name that you see when, in the main form's
design view, you click on the top edge of the subform control, and then open
the Properties window and click on the Other tab, and look at the Name
property?

Also, when you say "blows up ACCESS", do you mean ACCESS crashes?

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


nycdon said:
Sure -

from combo afterupdate on Parent form..

[sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails].Form![warehouse].requery

thanks


Ken Snell said:
Paste the code that you're trying to use for doing the requery of the
subform's combobox control.
--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


i'm trying to requery a subform combo in afterupdate event of main form
combo
- but it blows up Access -

My combo on Main form selects a Location. Subform combo to show
applicable
Warehouses for that location.

As I normally do, to reference Subforms, I click... "Build" and cut
paste
in, so my subform references are almost always no-brainers.

Here I'm not sure why blowing up access - tried it several times with
entire
new form -
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

Ken Snell [MVP]

What is the RowSource for the subform's combobox? If it's a query name, tell
us the SQL statement of that query.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


nycdon said:
Ken - thanks -

so i put in AfterUpdate VBA sub for combo on Parent form combo -

Yes, that is name of subform when clicked on outer edge (i got the
reference
by using 'Build' from within parent form, then navigating to the
subform's
control - it saves me lots of subform reference headaches..almost
usually!)

Yes, access crashes...next time in, my form corrupted, and need to import
from backup -

Ken Snell said:
Are you running this in an AfterUpdate VBA procedure? Or trying to run it
in
the On After Update property of the combobox on the main form? or trying
to
run it from a macro?

Is sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails the name that you see when, in the main
form's
design view, you click on the top edge of the subform control, and then
open
the Properties window and click on the Other tab, and look at the Name
property?

Also, when you say "blows up ACCESS", do you mean ACCESS crashes?

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


nycdon said:
Sure -

from combo afterupdate on Parent form..

[sbfrmSalesReleaseDetails].Form![warehouse].requery

thanks


:

Paste the code that you're trying to use for doing the requery of the
subform's combobox control.
--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/


i'm trying to requery a subform combo in afterupdate event of main
form
combo
- but it blows up Access -

My combo on Main form selects a Location. Subform combo to show
applicable
Warehouses for that location.

As I normally do, to reference Subforms, I click... "Build" and cut
paste
in, so my subform references are almost always no-brainers.

Here I'm not sure why blowing up access - tried it several times
with
entire
new form -
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top