REPOST:Scanner error "app or dll not a valid window twain_32.dll image?? Help

C

CK

I have winxp Home sp1. Have a Lexmark (I know) X73 all in one. The scanner is not working at this time and I get error of " Lexmark Scan & Copy artcopy55: Application or Dll c\docs..\me\windows\ not a valid window twain_32.dll image. I have no idea!! I opened msconfig and deselected Load Startup programs. Restarted and tried again. Still got same message. I have tried reinstalling a number of times. The scan program loads fine and looks as if it is going to work until I click on copy or scan etc.

I have email into lexmark support, they replied, but so far no luck. Any suggestions out there?

P

Pegasus \(MVP\)

The usual remedy is to download the latest driver from the
Lexmark site and to try again.

If you get desperate then you can try this approach in order to
determine if the problem lies with your WinXP installation or
with the Lexmark driver:

1. Borrow a 4 GByte used hard disk from your friendly dealer.
He must have several lying about - nobody uses such small
disks any more.

2. Remove your existing disk, then install the 4 GByte disk.

3. Install WinXP but nothing else.

4. Install & test the scanner.

If it works then you can start adding additional software components
until it fails. If it fails then the scanner is probably incompatible either
with your hardware or with Windows XP.
I have winxp Home sp1. Have a Lexmark (I know) X73 all in one. The scanner is not working at this time and I get error of " Lexmark Scan & Copy artcopy55: Application or Dll c\docs..\me\windows\ not a valid window twain_32.dll image. I have no idea!! I opened msconfig and deselected Load Startup programs. Restarted and tried again. Still got same message. I have tried reinstalling a number of times. The scan program loads fine and looks as if it is going to work until I click on copy or scan etc.

I have email into lexmark support, they replied, but so far no luck. Any suggestions out there?

Ask a Question