Reports and Tables

G

Hello. I have a form called projects which in turn displays different projects for different customers. In the projects form I have a subform called expenses which I am trying to setup so I can list different expenses related to that project. I have a button on my Projects form called expenses and another one called invoice. The expense button opens the expense form and displays the expenses related with that project. I am trying to setup the invoice to look at the expenses table and determine what expenses to list. I have a field in my projects form called ProjectID and I want the invoice to look at the ProjectID field in the expenses form and determine what expenses to list and which don't belong. How can I do this? Your input is very appreciated

Thank you in advance.

J

John Vinson

Hello. I have a form called projects which in turn displays different projects for different customers. In the projects form I have a subform called expenses which I am trying to setup so I can list different expenses related to that project. I have a button on my Projects form called expenses and another one called invoice. The expense button opens the expense form and displays the expenses related with that project. I am trying to setup the invoice to look at the expenses table and determine what expenses to list. I have a field in my projects form called ProjectID and I want the invoice to look at the ProjectID field in the expenses form and determine what expenses to list and which don't belong. How can I do this? Your input is very appreciated.

Rather than having a button to pop up a separate form (which you're
calling a "subform"), I'd suggest you actually put it onto the
Projects form as a Subform, using ProjectID as the master/child link
field. This will maintain the link automatically with no code at all.
Use the Subform tool on the form design toolbox and specify the
Expenses form.

If you need the screen space, you can put a Tab Control on the form;
put your Projects controls on the first page and the subform on the
second.

Ask a Question