Report caption need to be dynamically changed.

thriveni

I have a report that displays different data based on
various options that the user chooses. However I am unable
to very the title or the caption of the report. If I set
the me.caption property in the report open event , the
title of the report remains blank but the title of the
entire form, on the top refelcts the change. Any ideas
would be welcome.

Marshall Barton

thriveni said:
I have a report that displays different data based on
various options that the user chooses. However I am unable
to very the title or the caption of the report. If I set
the me.caption property in the report open event , the
title of the report remains blank but the title of the
entire form, on the top refelcts the change.

Form? What Form?

I tried (A97 and AXP) setting a report's Caption in its Open
event and it worked every time, regardless of whether I
opened the report from a form or the db window.

thriveni

What I meant by form was actually the top line / header of
the frame that is used for the report. For eg. this form
here used to post messages has the title as 'Microsoft
Newsgroups - Microsoft Internet Explorer ' The printable
area of the report which has the field Caption in the
report header does not reflect the change when I change
the string assigned to me.caption.

any ideas ?

thanku in advance.

Thriveni

Marshall Barton

thriveni said:
What I meant by form was actually the top line / header of
the frame that is used for the report. For eg. this form
here used to post messages has the title as 'Microsoft
Newsgroups - Microsoft Internet Explorer ' The printable
area of the report which has the field Caption in the
report header does not reflect the change when I change
the string assigned to me.caption.

I think you lost me, the report's Caption only appears in
the preview window's Title Bar. If you want to set a text
box in the report's header section, then that's what you
have to do:

Me.thetextbox = "whatever text you want"

If you're using a label control instead of a text box, then
set the label's Caption:

Me.thelabel.Caption = "whatever text you want"

that's it ! thanku very much.
i actually wanted to modify the label's caption but was
actually modifying the title bar.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]