Report can't display new label??

Reaction score
Hello forum,

my first post here, I'm struggling with following problem.

My report has some text fields within detail section bound to results of a query and their captions are displayed as labels in page header section. Now that I needed to show more from query results I've added a text field to the details with a proper control - works fine. And a new label to the page header from the tools panel and can't just get it displayed.

Basically it looks like this: I'm making a new label, filling in some text, then I switch from design to view mode. Nothing's visible! Switching back to design mode the label isn't there anymore until I'm clicking the area where it's been - once, the label's canvas appears without the content, twice - now the text is back and I'm editing it.

All other labels and text fields in other sections act normally. All other labels within page header do well too - I guess they have been created with some report-building wizard. I've tried to copy and paste them, no better result.

I'me really perplexed though I'm not an Access profi this issue should be rather simple at first sight. Of course the new label's visible property is set as yes - and I've compared all other options as well. Does anybody have any ideas? I can't just leave the report without that label!

Thanks
Northener

PS. I'm using Access 2000 on a NT machine.

Reaction score
I've found out that one embedded bitmap in the top section prevented all newly added labels from being displayed (but they didn't overlay in no part). I have no idea why. I.e. having cut the logo, placed the labels, restored the bitmap again has solved the problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resizing report's middle section (details)

But I have another question where I'd appreciate help very much as well.

The query results are displayed in the middle (Detail) section. If the query returns more than 6-7 records as a result the report then consist of several pages. This is basically ok, but I'm trying to get more than 6 records on one page.

But expanding the middle section i.e. dragging down the borderline between the detail section and the page footer only results in each record being displayed in a row of even bigger heigth, means even less records fit on a page.

What's the rigth thing to do in this case?

Last edited:

Ask a Question