"replied on" not always populating

Jon G

My CTO just replied to an email, and the original didn't get the "replied
on" tag .. nor did it get the little icon on the email. What could have
caused this?

Jon G

It's Outlook 2003 .. and on "his" side. He replies to an email in Outlook
2003, and every so often (rare), he won't get the replied indicators (the
icon change and the replied to text in the infobar section of the email).

I've never seen this before and can't find a matching description online ..

Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Jon G said:
It's Outlook 2003 .. and on "his" side. He replies to an email in Outlook
2003, and every so often (rare), he won't get the replied indicators (the
icon change and the replied to text in the infobar section of the email).

I've never seen this before and can't find a matching description online ..

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:blush:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:37:15 -1000, Jon G <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My CTO just replied to an email, and the original didn't get the "replied
>> on" tag .. nor did it get the little icon on the email. What could have
>> caused this?

> The original? You mean on your side or on his? What version of Outlook
> are you using?

I am experiencing the exact same issue w/Oulook 2003. Intermittently, when I reply to an email, the original email in my inbox to which I replied does not show the replied to icon. The reply shows up in my Sent Items and the recipient receives my reply, but I can't tell anything from looking at the original message. Very annoying actually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon G

On "his" end. The scenario is that he replies to an email and the icon
doesn't change to the one with the little reply arrow, and there's no
infobar announcement of your reply and the time/date. It only happens very
infrequently, and I'm not able to find any information on similar issues.