Removing Windows Live Messenger.

jeanmariegobeil

Could someone pls. tell me how to do this?. It is not in my list of programs
in the control panel nor is it in the list of sart programs in msconfig.
rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\Inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Does'nt work either. I thank you in advance for you help.

Gordon

jeanmariegobeil said:
Could someone pls. tell me how to do this?. It is not in my list of
programs
in the control panel nor is it in the list of sart programs in msconfig.
rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\Inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Does'nt work either. I thank you in advance for you help.

Appears in Add/Remove programs here. Are you SURE you've installed LIVE
messenger and that you are not using the ordinary Windows messenger?

he

Appears in Add/Remove programs here. Are you SURE you've installed LIVE
messenger and that you are not using the ordinary Windows messenger?

If you are using Windows Messenger and not LIVE Messenger, have you tried
going into Add/Remove Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components (button
at left), where you can remove Windows Messenger?

I'm not sure, but I think that LIVE Messenger may use some components of
Windows Messenger. If you install LIVE, it may put these back in.

John John

The Uninstall String is:

MsiExec.exe /X{GUID/CLSID NUMBER}

The CLSID number may be (probably is) different for different version
numbers. For example for Version: 8.5.1302.1018 the uninstall string is:

MsiExec.exe /X{508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0}

John

Joined
Jan 25, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
You don't need an MVP for a simple problem like that =O.
They provided solutions, why not try them instead of being arrogant?

jeanmariegobeil said:
Yes Gordon I am sure,thanks anyway for your interestmWhat I need is a MVP.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "jeanmariegobeil" wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Could someone pls. tell me how to do this?. It is not in my list of
> > programs
> > in the control panel nor is it in the list of sart programs in msconfig.
> > rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
> > %windir%\Inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
> > Does'nt work either. I thank you in advance for you help.

> Appears in Add/Remove programs here. Are you SURE you've installed LIVE
> messenger and that you are not using the ordinary Windows messenger?

Patrick Keenan

="jeanmariegobeil said:
Could someone pls. tell me how to do this?. It is not in my list of
programs
in the control panel nor is it in the list of sart programs in msconfig.

If the install is broken, re-download and re-install it, then uninstall it
right away.
rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\Inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Does'nt work either.

That command couldn't possibly work for removing Windows Live Messenger, as
it isn't "msmsgs". You're pointing to another program.

That command refers to Windows Messenger, a basic messenger also used by
things like Remote Assistance. That one can be safely left in place, after
launching it once and turning OFF its ability to launch with windows or run
in the background, and telling Outlook and Outlook Express to *not* launch
it.

The Windows Live Messenger program is "msnmsgr.exe".

HTH
-pk

Homer S.

Could someone pls. tell me how to do this?. It is not in my list of programs
in the control panel nor is it in the list of sart programs in msconfig.
rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\Inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Does'nt work either. I thank you in advance for you help.

Click Start - Search - All Files and folders. Search for msmsgs.exe - when found (it
should be in the C:\Program Files\Messenger folder), rename it to msmsgsORG.exe.
Done. Gone. Never to return...

HJS