removing software

Apollo

Hi, I need to unistall a program from all my users PC's (circa 700) how can
I automate the uninstall, GPO, VBS..? the original install was done manually
as part of a set-up process. Have asked for help from the vendor but nothing
so far. Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Apollo,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, if the application uses Windows Installer to install, we
may use Msiexec.exe program with /x switch to remove it.
227091: Command-Line Switches for the Microsoft Windows Installer Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227091/en-us

Batch Script - Uninstall Application
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/526314.html

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web
site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or
information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any
representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any
software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use
of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make
sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software
from the Internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Apollo" <[email protected]>
| Subject: removing software
| Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:55:20 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Hi, I need to unistall a program from all my users PC's (circa 700) how
can
| I automate the uninstall, GPO, VBS..? the original install was done
manually
| as part of a set-up process. Have asked for help from the vendor but
nothing
| so far. Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Apollo,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:04:02 GMT
| Subject: RE: removing software
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Hello Apollo,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, if the application uses Windows Installer to install, we
| may use Msiexec.exe program with /x switch to remove it.
| 227091: Command-Line Switches for the Microsoft Windows Installer Tool
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227091/en-us
|
| Batch Script - Uninstall Application
| http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/526314.html
|
| Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web
| site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
| Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or
| information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any
| representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any
| software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the
use
| of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make
| sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any
software
| from the Internet.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Apollo" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: removing software
| | Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:55:20 +0100
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| |
| | Hi, I need to unistall a program from all my users PC's (circa 700) how
| can
| | I automate the uninstall, GPO, VBS..? the original install was done
| manually
| | as part of a set-up process. Have asked for help from the vendor but
| nothing
| | so far. Thanks
| |
| |