From: "Benji" <[email protected]>
Subject: Removing items from 'right-click' menu
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:59:33 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

I was wondering if there is a way to remove items in
the 'Right-click' drop down menu in Internet Explorer.
For example, removing 'View Source' or 'Create Shortcut'
from the menu.

Is there a registry key that can be modified to do this?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!
---

Benji,

I don't know how to remove the View Source or Create Shortcut from the context menu but I know how to disable the context
menu itself.

If you are internested you would need to create the DWORD value NoBrowserContextMenu in the registry key below and
set it to 1, you may have to create part of this registry path by adding sub-keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

sen

U can remove items on an idividual basis by hacking the explorer.exe
: Bill,
:
: Thanks.. Worked like a charm! Would you happen to know of
: another DWORD value that will disable users to 'right-
: click' on the toolbar in IE? I deal with extremely
: curious users that love trying to get around my policies.
:
: Thanks!
:
: Benji
:
: >I was wondering if there is a way to remove items in
: >the 'Right-click' drop down menu in Internet Explorer.
: >For example, removing 'View Source' or 'Create Shortcut'
: >from the menu.
: >
: >Is there a registry key that can be modified to do this?
: >
: >Please let me know. Thanks in advance!
: >---
: >
: >Benji,
: >
[...]
: newsgroup/thread
: >from which they originated.

[...]

newsgroup/thread

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Removing items from 'right-click' menu
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:09:40 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

Bill,

Thanks.. Worked like a charm! Would you happen to know of
another DWORD value that will disable users to 'right-
click' on the toolbar in IE? I deal with extremely
curious users that love trying to get around my policies.

Thanks!

Benji
---

Benji,

There are two DWORD values, listed below along with what they do, that you can try.

NoToolbarCustomize = "Disable customizing browser toolbar buttons"
NoBandCustomize = "Disable customizing browser toolbars"

These would go into the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for but give it a try and see if it will work for you.