Remove Alt-S and Ctrl-Enter

David Looke

I sometimes accidently send an Outlook message and I
suspect one of the Outlook send email key combinations is
responsible ("Alt-S" or "Ctrl-Enter"). When I
intentionally want to send a message, I want it to go
immediately rather than being held in the Outbox.
So I'd like to remove the keyboard shortcuts "Alt-S"
and "Ctrl-Enter" from Outlook all together.
Is this possible?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You can't really remove them - although you can disable the Alt+S one by
editing the send button menu. You still need ot use them to send the
message... most of us add random letters ot the cc field so that outlook
can't resolve it. Something like zxc works as long as you don't have a
contact with that "name".

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

David Looke

Thanks Diane for your reply.

How do I actually go about disabling the Alt-S keystroke
that you mentioned?
[...]

.

Roady [MVP]

View-> Toolbars-> Customize... (just leave it open)

Now rightclick the Send button and remove the & before the S

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
David Looke said:
[...]

Sounds simple. But I'm obviously missing something as the
Send button is in the new message window (or reply,
forward, etc window) but that window won't let me select
Customize from the View/Toolbar menu. It's greyed out.

I can select View/Toolbar/Customize from the main screen
but not from these supplementary windows.
[...]

Make sure your cursor is in the body of the message ;-)

--
[...]

Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart
Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in
the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at
http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"David Looke" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I sometimes accidently send an Outlook message and I
suspect one of the Outlook send email key combinations
is
responsible ("Alt-S" or "Ctrl-Enter"). When I
intentionally want to send a message, I want it to go
immediately rather than being held in the Outbox.
So I'd like to remove the keyboard shortcuts "Alt-S"
and "Ctrl-Enter" from Outlook all together.
Is this possible?

.

.

David Looke

The Send button and the rest of that toolbar disappear
when I select View/Toolbar/Customize!

wrote in message
I sometimes accidently send an Outlook message and I
suspect one of the Outlook send email key combinations
is
responsible ("Alt-S" or "Ctrl-Enter"). When I
intentionally want to send a message, I want it to go
immediately rather than being held in the Outbox.
So I'd like to remove the keyboard shortcuts "Alt- S"
and "Ctrl-Enter" from Outlook all together.
Is this possible?

.

.

.

Roady [MVP]

Word as the e-mail editor? AFAIK you cannot edit this Toolbar at all :-(