Remote Desktop WXP to W2k

G

Is there a way to use WXP's Remote Desktop connection to connect to a W2k Pro machine over the internet? If so, what information is needed to make that connection. If not, is there another way to remote in without have Windows or MSN's messenger available?

G

I am aware of the Terminal Services feature, but the End Point does NOT have a Win2k Server and NetMeeting is NOT installed. I thought there was a WXP RDP Client available from MS that can be downloaded and installed on a Win2k Pro Machine.

If I am correct about the RDP Client, what information would I need to be able to connect to the End Point. The environments on both ends are running a hardware firewall which is NAT enabled. The desktops are DHCP enabled with Private IP addresses assigned, but the firewall is statically assigned by the ISP.

Thanks in advance!

----- Pete Choppin wrote: -----

Remote Desktop is a Windows XP feature only.

However, you can use NetMeeting as a "remote control" of sorts, though it is painfully slow.

The best solution is to use Terminal Services in Windows 2000. This requires a Windows 2000 Server and a client machine. All the tools you would need for this comes with the Windows 2000 Server.

Pete Choppin, MCP
http://www.websolutionpro.com

----- Ben_E_Fields wrote: -----

Is there a way to use WXP's Remote Desktop connection to connect to a W2k Pro machine over the internet? If so, what information is needed to make that connection. If not, is there another way to remote in without have Windows or MSN's messenger available?

Ask a Question